Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Selective, Confused God


So, I'm talking to this guy at a social event and he's telling me how God helps him put all his business deals together. Are you kidding?

There's a group of people who think that God micromanages their lives and they have no idea how stupid they sound when they ramble on about, "God told me this" and "God told me that." Are you fucking kidding???

That same evening, someone pointed to a neighboring house and said, "Sad story. The 8-year-old boy who lives there has just been diagnosed with cancer, and it's all in his spine. The prognosis is not good."

So, I'm thinking, hmmm, so God is helping a successful, entrepreneur put business deals together, but he can't stop a moment to help a little boy dying of cancer?

You have no idea how angry this makes me. A note to all Christian: I will gladly burn in Hell for eternity rather than live in Heaven with such a fuck like God. It's a matter of principle.

Of course, I do not believe in Heaven or Hell for a microsecond, and doubt that there's even an afterlife. I realize that here in Georgia it's normal to say "the Lord led me," "God told me," and other religious jargon. The idea is that if you throw in a lot of Jesus talk, people will think you are "more Holy," "really spiritual," or something else stupid. I admit, I did go through that stage during one of my Jesus stages as a teenager, but it didn't feel right so I quit.

One of the main reasons I QUIT believing in God is the whole coincidence thing. No matter if I prayed or not, whether I was a goodie goodie or a hellion, good things and bad things happened to me in a perfectly random way. In my early 20s I realized that there is not a Godman up above pulling the strings. Things just happen and coincidences happen all the time. This crap about, "Oh, Jesus allowed this to happen in my life to teach me this or that" just makes me want to scream.

Rant 2

I'm tired of hearing Christians say that God is going to remove His blessing on America because of the Supreme Court decision and abortions. Or, that all the recent mass shootings is the wrath of God. NO, the mass shootings are because the disgusting NRA fights to ensure that anyone can easily get a gun, including mentally disturbed wackos. The cruelness of this is that most conservative Christians, at least here in Georgia, are also pro-gun. So, with their little stupid gun lobby they are creating the problem, and then say that GOD IS PUNISHING US. How fucking stupid can you get?

For all those people saying that America is being punished for gay marriage, I can only ask, "So, what did Greece do to be punished?" And why are those Muslim Saudis all rich? WHY IS GOD BLESSING THEM????

So, if you want to be stupid and ignorant and say ridiculous things, like Pat Robertson, go ahead. Well, you really know what, I don't care enough to say anything anyway. And I'm never going to have a debate with a religious person because that's a total waste of time. But it really does bother people when everyone doesn't agree like they do, and well, my job is to just be a bee in the bonnet. Hopefully, I can woo some fence sitters and put some cracks in the walls of the faithful. That's the least I can do for the poor boy dying of cancer, the thousands of starving babies, and everyone else that God doesn't have time to deal with (because he's helping wealthy guys put business deals together). I mean, really, what the fuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for requiring verification of comments. I had to do this because of all the spam.