Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Supernatural Experiences


I guess my life is boring because I've only had two supernatural experiences in my life. I am now entering them into my log, perhaps in the hope of one day figuring out what they mean and if they were real.

Experience 1: Spiritual being rips wall apart and turns me into a liberal

I was 15-years-old and attending a summer church camp at Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center in central Florida. It was in the early evening and still daylight. I was walking through an empty building — I believe it was a building where they kept the archery stuff and craft supplies. As I was walking through there was like a tear in the wall and the opening was cloudy. I could almost make out a white face, which was made of clouds. Then I heard an audible voice that said, "What you know is only a small part of what it really is."

Now, granted, I was pumped up emotionally from all the guest pastors and lakeside bonfires, where we stared into the night and got "Jesus in our hearts." So, maybe I just imagined the whole thing, but it has stayed with me for life (I'm 57 now, and people tell me I'm an "old fart.")

Experience 2: Dad tries to come back to tell me something

Fast forward 19 years and my dad has just died from cancer. I'm grieving bad. One night I fell asleep on the living room couch. Suddenly, I open my eyes and I see a ramp going up to a door, and the whole thing is floating in front of me. I see my dad looking at me, and he looks terribly sad, and he's trying to tell me something, but he can't communicate.

I've always believed that my dad went to great lengths to get back to me, to contact me, but couldn't quite do it. I don't know why. What's weird about this experience is that it just wasn't visual, but I also felt something. I can't describe it other than to say it was a cold feeling. I'm thinking that my dad was extremely worried about me and just wanted to reassure me that he was okay, or maybe he had a message to give me but couldn't. Either way, it was sort of weird.

Conclusion

So, I've always been openminded and will consider all options. If these experiences were just my imagination they wouldn't have stayed with me my entire life. In both cases I think I saw another realm, dimension, different universe, or perhaps the spirit world. In the 15 billion years of our evolution —way before our solar system was born — it's quite possible other, invisible, phenomena developed as well.

The first experience sort of went to my head. For years I always felt that I had some special purpose in life. I loved writing and figured I'd become a famous author. I had this crazy idea that one day I would write THE BOOK. From ages 12 to 25 I wrote all the time, mostly short stories and five uncompleted novels. Somehow, I felt the experience tied in with my calling to be a writer.

As far as what the statement means, I always took it to mean that Christianity just covers a narrow sliver of what's really out there in the cosmos, dimensions, and realms. Or, I took it to mean that there is so much more to our existence than what we know, or think we know.

If I imagined the experience, or made the whole thing up, I don't know what would make my brain come up with such deep, profound wisdom. Honestly, it did not come from the conscious me and I would have never thought of saying that. So, it had to come from somewhere.



Photo credit: gratisography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for requiring verification of comments. I had to do this because of all the spam.